Viewing & Appealing your Leaving Cert Exam
All students are entitled to view the scripts from their Leaving Cert exams. This is a free option and will provide you with more information about your results.
How it works
- (Fill in the Application to View Scripts form you received with your results, if you didn't receive this there is a copy in the school office.
- The deadline for applying is 2pm Tuesday 21st August 2018
- You will be allocated a session to view your scripts on Fri 31st Aug (18:00 - 21:00) or Sat 1st Sept (9:00 - 12:00 or 14:00 - 17:00)
- Viewing will take place in the school under supervised conditions.
- You may bring one additional person with you.
- If you would like to appeal and bring a specific matter to the attention of the examiner, you can ask for a Candidate Observation Report and fill in the details on this.
- If you have any queries, please contact Mr Bates by email or with the form below.
- If you would like to request a specific session contact Mr Bates as soon as possible to arrange this.
- If you would like your teachers to accompany you, you must arrange this yourself with the teacher in question. Staff members will not attend the viewing sessions automatically.
- Only one other person may accompany you to view your scripts.
- Your scripts cannot be released to any other person without you being present, even with your permission.
- You cannot bring any writing instruments into the viewing session.
- You can bring a mobile phone or camera into the viewing session to make a copy your script (New rule for 2018).
Appealing your Leaving Cert Results
In order to make an appeal, you should use the online Appeals Application Services on www.examinations.ie which will be available from 12 noon on the 20th August 2018.
- You need your examination number and PIN to access the service
- Select the subjects you wish to appeal
- Pay the appeal fee of €40 per subject.
- You must then print the form and give it to the Organising Superintendent (Mr Bates) in the school by Monday 3rd Sept 2018. This allows your exam scripts to be located and sent on the the SEC.